The OGFMirror became opengeofiction.net, over the weekend.
This is huge news.
So far the site is working okay. Not great, just okay. There are some issues.
- The ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken is frequent and painful, for users.
- Possibly related to the above – users keep getting forcibly logged out, over and and over.
- The render is still playing catchup on the whole world map, and seems to be lagging around 2 hours for high zooms.
- Incoming email is completely broken – possibly due to errors in the DNS tables at the opengeofiction.net registrar (and we’re waiting on the old host to fix this)
- Outgoing email is problematic for some substantial portion of users due to over-aggressive anti-spam efforts by several major email providers, including Apple (icloud) and Microsoft (hotmail, outlook, live). I’m not even sure how to begin fixing this. I’ve implemented DKIM, but this also relies on fixing DNS errors which are not currently being fixed, and that might help. I’ve looked into a blacklisting of my email server by spamhaus.org and discovered it is due to my email server sharing the same IP range with a Nigerian Prince or somesuch in the server farm where it lives.
Work continues. Meanwhile, to all the users of OGF: “Happy mapping!”
Music to map happily to: Cake, “I Will Survive.”